TERMS & CONDITIONS (“T&Cs”)
This website is owned and operated by Stadion Amsterdam C.V., a cooperative company registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce Registry under no. 33254163 0000, having its registered office at Johan Cruijff Boulevard 1, Amsterdam, the Netherlands (“Johan Cruijff ArenA”, “we”, or “us”).
This website created and hosted by AGORIZE SAS, a simplified joint-stock company with capital of €71,146, registered with the Paris Trade and Companies Registry under no. 530 774 439, having its registered office at 34 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75012 Paris, France.
Johan Cruijf ArenA provides an innovation platform service, in the current challenge, Reimagine Football, accessible at platform.reimaginefootball.com (“Website”), which allows businesses and organizations looking for innovative ideas for problems and challenges to connect with innovators.
These T&Cs govern your access to and use of the Website and its Services.
By opening an account on the Website, you must tick a box, and confirm that you have read and accepted these T&Cs, which form a legally binding contract between you and Johan Cruijf ArenA.
If you wish to participate in a specific Challenge, you will be asked to review and accept the rules applicable to the specific Challenge.
Please read the following carefully. If you do not accept these T&Cs, do not use the Website. We may amend these T&Cs at any time by posting an updated version to this web page and notifying you before the amended T&Cs take effect.
To improve your user experience, we may also modify, without prior notice, the structure and design of our Website, the name of the program or challenge, as well as some Services or content.
Johan Crijff ArenA may use different hosting platforms to organize the challenges. In case Johan Cruijff ArenA uses a different platform, these Terms & Conditions apply nonetheless.
In this document,
“Account” means the account that must be created to become a Member and access the Services offered by the Website;
"Brief" means the concise statement of the instructions and guidelines for a Challenge prepared by the FIP Partners;
"Challenge" means an invitation for proposals to solve a specific problem or challenge issued by the FIP Partners, who may offer an award for the winning Deliverables submitted via the Website by a Member registered to participate in the Challenge, and in accordance with the Challenge Rules;
“Challenge Rules” refers to the rules applicable to a Challenge and which are binding between the FIP Partners and each Challenge Member. In the event of discrepancies or contradictions with the T&Cs, the Challenge Rules shall apply;
“Community” refers to all Members of the Website;
“Deliverables” all submissions, original ideas, documents or other materials (such as presentations, videos, etc.) uploaded to the Website by Members in response and as a solution to a specific Challenge;
“Member” means any individual having an Account on the Website;
“Services” means all products, services, content, features, technologies or functions delivered by us via the Website; and
"FIP Partners" (or “Football Innovation Platform Partners”) and/or “Challenge Partners”, also referred to as “Partners”, means the companies or organizations that are Partners of Challenges of Reimagine Football and submit Briefs and Challenges to Members, have access to the Challenges and participations on the Challenges, can contact Members of the Challenges and select them for next rounds of the Challenges. The FIP Partners can be found on About us - Reimagine Football, paragraph ‘About the Football Innovation Platform’.
4. Opening an Account
You must be 18 years or older. You must be 18 years or older to use our Services, and by opening an Account you declare that you meet this condition.
You must have authority to bind your business. You confirm that you have authority to bind any business or entity on whose behalf you use our Services, and that business or entity accepts these terms.
B. Creating an Account
The Website allows Members to view and enroll in Challenges and to interact with other Members, Partners or Johan Cruijf ArenA through message boards, chat, email and messaging. You can view the Briefs and Challenges if you are not registered, but you cannot enroll in or participate in a Challenge without first opening an Account and becoming a Member.
To create your Account, you can either:
- complete the mandatory fields in the registration form (e.g., name, email, password and organization). An Account activation link will be emailed to you; your Account is activated once you click on the link; or
- open an Account using Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, or Google+. By using this feature, we will access, publish and retain personal data obtained from these platforms. You can delete the link between your Account and these platforms at any time. If you want to learn more, read our Privacy Notice and those of such third-party platforms.
To open an Account, you must have read and accepted these T&Cs and our Privacy Notice.
C. Accuracy of Account
Information You agree that your profile Account contains accurate and true information, and that you will update it, as needed.
You are responsible for keeping your Account password confidential. You agree to inform us if there is an unauthorized use of your Account or a security breach, such as loss or theft of your login information.
The Website is an online innovation platform on which Partners can create and post Briefs and Challenges in which Members can participate, subject to the specific conditions of each Challenge as set out in the Challenge Rules.
As a Member:
- you may access a personalized space on the Website that contains your profile, allows you to view the Challenges in which you have enrolled, and to communicate and exchange messages, including by email and chat, with Members, Partners, mentors, and Johan Cruijf ArenA;
- you may register for Challenges, provided you meet the conditions of the Challenge Rules;
- you may participate in a Challenge, individually, as a representative of a business entity, or by creating or joining a team, as specified in the Challenge Rules;
- you may upload Deliverables in response to a Challenge, as specified in the Challenge Rules;
- you may retrieve the data and Deliverables that you submitted during your participation in a specific Challenge, as specified in the Challenge Rules.
Partners may offer awards for the winning Deliverables submitted by Members registered to participate in a Challenge, in accordance with the Challenge Rules.
Partners are solely responsible for assessing all Deliverables and independently decide, in accordance with their own criteria, on the winner(s) of a Challenge. Decisions made by Partners are considered final.
6. Content posted by you on the Website
You may communicate with other Members, mentors, Johan Cruijf ArenA or Partners via the Website. Any information you provide on the Website, both during registration and use of the Services (such as, public message board postings, emails, chats, Deliverables, etc.) is subject to the following:
- You agree that content posted by you will be accurate and will not: (i) infringe any third party’s copyright, trademark, patent or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy, or (ii) violate any law (including export control, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising).
- Regarding Deliverables, you guarantee that (i) you are the owner or authorized user of the intellectual property contained in your Deliverable and that (ii) you are not required to transfer your rights over the Deliverable to a third party pursuant to an employment relationship or other contract; or that (iii) you have obtained any necessary authorizations from your employer or co-contracting party before submitting the Deliverables. At any time, you may be asked to make legally binding warranties and representations to the Partner in relation to a Deliverable or any specific information that you submit.
- You are solely responsible for the content that you publish or upload to the Website, and for the transfer of technologies or information with which you are involved. Johan Cruijf ArenA expressly disclaims any liability or responsibility thereto.
- You do not submit to us or other users, any confidential information. If you cannot submit your solution without disclosing confidential information, you cannot participate in the Challenge and you may contact us separately. If you have any doubt you could consider consulting a lawyer and/or filing a patent application before submitting your solution to us. There is also a possibility to contact us and discuss your possibilities before submitting any information. Please note that the open sharing of non-confidential information, and building on contributor’s solutions, is what makes the Challenge useful for all Members, and contributes to identifying successful innovations.
- The information from Members on the Platform will be visible for all registered Members, users and/or Partners of the Platform. The key principle of the platform is to facilitate and promote open innovation and collaboration between Johan Cruijff ArenA and external partners, as well as to stimulate and facilitate the collaboration among Partners and Members. During the Challenge new Partners may be added.
7. Member Rules of Conduct on the Website
There are certain rules that apply to Members. When using our Website, you agree:
- to not submit to us or other Members, mentors, the jury, or Partners false, misleading, malicious or fraudulent information;
- to not post content of a defamatory, injurious, obscene, pornographic, vulgar, offensive, aggressive, uncalled-for, violent, threatening, harassing, racist or xenophobic nature, or with sexual connotations, inciting violence, discrimination or hatred, encouraging illegal activities, or more generally content that is contrary to good morals or the purposes of the Website;
- to not disclose any confidential information. Your submission, and the information you share with us, will be received by us only on a non-confidential basis. We will use this information for the purpose of the Challenge. In case you information that you were not allowed to share is shared, Johan Cruijf ArenA cannot be held responsible for damages resulting from a claim for misappropriation or infringement of third party rights based on our possession or use of the information submitted by you or the possession or use thereof by any of our affiliates.
- to not infringe the rights and image of Johan Cruijf ArenA, such as its intellectual property rights;
- to not open more than one Account on the Website or open an Account in the name of a third party;
- to not use the Account of another Member;
- to not try to bypass the Website, such as by trying to contact or send a Partner your Deliverables outside of the Website;
- to not transfer data that contains viruses, worms, Trojan horses or any computer file or program that could interrupt, destroy or limit the functioning of any computer or network linked directly or indirectly to the Website;
- to not use any device, software or routine that could interfere with the proper working of the Website or which is intended to damage, interfere with, intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- to not to take any action (such as, spamming) that imposes an unreasonable load on our Website;
- to not violate the principle of confidentiality, which may exist within the framework of a Challenge; and
- to, more generally, not to act in a way that violates the law or breaches these T&Cs.
Within the framework of a Challenge, you may be required to maintain certain information confidential.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Johan Cruijf ArenA and Partners harmless, from and against all claims, actions or demands, liabilities, and settlements, including, without limitation, reasonable legal fees, arising from your unauthorized and prohibited disclosure of confidential information.
9. Intellectual Property Rights
Johan Cruijf ArenA
We respect ownership of intellectual property rights (IP): your IP remains yours; ours remains ours. In the case parties decide to start creating shared IP we discuss a high-level arrangement which can range from IP that remains 100% your ownership (and is licensed for usage by the Partners of the Challenge on favorable terms) to full joint development and exploitation.
- In such case parties commit to an exclusivity period to choose to negotiate a subsequent collaboration agreement, which term can be extended if partners enter into a collaboration development trajectory. In such agreement, Parties will agree on the next steps of allocating, further developing, exploiting or commercializing the shared IP. After the Challenge the Platform will remain online for further interaction with users.
- In case a party indicates within the exclusivity period that it has no interest to negotiate a subsequent agreement, the shared IP will, be allocated to the other party.
- Johan Cruijff ArenA may offer selected solution providers to jointly commit to a Fieldlab period tailored to the solution to work on a commercial collaboration agreement. This is a requirement from the EFRO/EU subsidy. If one of the partners indicates within the Fieldlab period that it has no interest to negotiate further, the shared IP will be allocated to the other party. If neither party indicates that it has an interest to negotiate further, the shared IP will become available for both parties to use freely.
Johan Cruijf ArenA’s IP Rights / Limited License
This Website is controlled and operated by Johan Cruijf ArenA. Our proprietary software, and our materials on the Website, including logos, trademarks, trade names, images, text, illustrations, audio, video files and the selection, coordination and arrangement of such materials, are protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, or other proprietary rights which are either owned by us or owned by other parties who have licensed their intellectual property to us, and all other trademarks, service marks, and trade names used on the Website are the property of their respective owners.
You are prohibited from any other use or exploitation of the Website and Services, and their content, without the prior written permission of Johan Cruijf ArenA. Notably, you are prohibited from:
- reproducing, adapting, distributing, publicly representing and disseminating the Website, the Services, Briefs, Challenges and the content of the Website;
- extracting or attempting to extract (notably using data mining robots or any other similar data collection tool) a substantial part of the data of the Website;
- copying, modifying, creating a derivative work of, reverse engineering, reverse assembling or otherwise attempting to discover any source code;
- modifying or attempting to modify the Website in any manner or form, except that you have the right to modify your self-generated content on the Website;
- framing or utilizing framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including Challenge descriptions, images, text, page layout, or form);
- using any meta tags or any other "hidden text" with ’s name or trademarks.
Any unauthorized use by you which contravenes the above terminates the license granted by us.
All new versions, updates or changes to our Website, Services or related content shall be subject to these T&Cs. Johan Cruijf ArenA reserves all rights not expressly granted by the present T&Cs.
If you believe that your legitimate intellectual property rights have been violated by the introduction of certain content on the Website, you must notify Johan Cruijf ArenA and provide us with the following:
- Your contact information. If the claim is on behalf of a third party, please include proof of your right to represent the third party;
- Identification of the specific Website content that you consider is protected by intellectual property rights as well as its location on the Website (indicating the URL link);
- Accreditation of the aforementioned intellectual property rights; and reasons for the supposed violation.
10. Role of Johan Cruijf ArenA / Limitation of liability
Johan Cruijf ArenA has no control over the behavior of Members, Partners, mentors or other users of its Website. We do not control the information provided by others that is made available through the Website; other user’s information may be inaccurate.
By accepting these T&Cs, you acknowledge that Johan Cruijf ArenA does not control in any manner the nature, quality, legality or timing of Challenges. You agree that Johan Cruijf ArenA, in its capacity as an intermediary, does not provide any Challenges and is not a party to any agreement entered into by you and the Partner with respect to a Challenge.
Johan Cruijf ArenA has no control over, and is not responsible for the acts or omissions of Partners, or the quality, accuracy or legality of the Briefs or Challenges. We do not endorse any Partner.
Members act under their sole and full responsibility.
In its capacity as an intermediary, Johan Cruijf ArenA cannot be held liable if a Challenge fails to occur as intended, such as because of:
- erroneous information communicated by the Partner in its Brief or Challenge, or by any other means, with regard to the Challenge and its terms;
- cancellation or modification of a Challenge by a Partner;
- non-payment of the prize or award by a Partner;
- the behavior of its Members during, before or after a Challenge or at any other time.
We are not responsible for the content or use of any Deliverables, for the Member’s lack of success in a Challenge, for any damage caused to a Member by Partners, for any indirect damage such as financial loss, loss of business or moral damage that a Member may suffer through its use of the Website or by participating in a Challenge.
You agree to look solely to the Partner for any claims you may have regarding information provided by the Partner. If you have a dispute with another Member, you hereby release Johan Cruijf ArenA from all claims of any kind arising out of such dispute.
Johan Cruijf ArenA shall not be liable to you for any damages, claims, expenses or other costs you incur as a result of third party claims related to your use of the Services. Under no circumstances, shall Johan Cruijf ArenA be liable for any indirect damages, or for any damages totaling more than one hundred (100) Euros, assuming that such damages have been duly proven. You agree that you will be responsible for, and at Johan Cruijf ArenA’s request, defend Johan Cruijf ArenA from third party claims arising out of information you provide to Johan Cruijf ArenA for publication or any breach by you of these T&Cs.
You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action related to your use of the Services must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arises, or be forever barred.
11. Account suspension, restrictions of access and termination
You can terminate your contractual relations with Johan Cruijf ArenA and close your Account at any time by clicking on the “Delete your profile” tab on your profile page or by contacting Johan Cruijf ArenA. The termination takes effect immediately.
If you breach your undertakings as set out in these T&Cs or if we have genuine reason to believe that the security and integrity of Johan Cruijf ArenA, its Members, Partners, or third parties are at risk, we reserve the right to:
- immediately terminate these T&Cs binding you and Agorize; and
- temporarily or permanently suspend your Account.
When this is necessary, you will be notified of such measure to enable you to respond. Johan Cruijf ArenA will decide, at its sole discretion, whether to lift the measures put in place.
12. Personal Data
We collect and process some of your personal data.
After the Challenge the Platform will remain online for further interaction with users. Johan Cruijff ArenA as well as Partners may use your personal data (e.g. email address and name) to stay in contact with you.
13. Operation, availability and functionalities of the Platform
We shall try as far as possible to maintain the Website continually accessible. But access to the Website or the use of certain features may be suspended or disrupted without notice, due to technical maintenance, migration, or updates, or owing to outages or constraints linked to the network or for other technical reasons.
We reserve the right to modify or suspend all or part of your access to the Website or its features, at our sole discretion, temporarily or permanently.
Our Website contains links to other websites. We do not control those websites and are not responsible for their content. By including these links, we are not endorsing the material on those websites or implying any association with their operators.
15. Modification of the T&Cs
These T&Cs and the documents integrated by reference express the entire agreement between you and Johan Cruijf ArenA relative to your use of the Website and the Services.
Johan Cruijf ArenA may modify these T&Cs to adapt to its technological and commercial environment, and to comply with the law. Any modification to these T&Cs will be published on the Website with mention of the effective date, and you will be notified by Johan Cruijf ArenA before the changes take effect.
16. Applicable law and dispute resolution
These T&Cs are governed by Dutch law. Dutch courts shall have jurisdiction to adjudicate any disputes that may arise from or in connection with the Challenge. If one or more provision(s) of these Terms and Conditions is/are or become(s) invalid, the validity of the other provisions shall not be affected.
We invite you to submit to us any complaints that you might have using the contact information provided above. If a dispute between you and Johan Cruijf ArenA cannot be amicably resolved, you irrevocably agree to submit all disputes to the jurisdiction of the competent court of Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
For the exclusive benefit of Johan Cruijf ArenA, Johan Cruijf ArenA shall also retain the right to bring proceedings as to the substance of the matter in the courts of the country of your residence or, where these T&Cs are entered into in the course of your trade or profession, in the country of your principal place of business.
Questions regarding the Challenge and the use of the data on the Platform may be addressed to: reimaginefootball@johancruijffArenA.nl
Stadion Amsterdam C.V.
Johan Cruijff Boulevard 1
1101 AX AMSTERDAM
1100 DL AMSTERDAM
Chamber of Commerce Registration no.: 33254163 0000
18. Webhosting Microsoft Azure
Headquarters: Redmond, Redmond, WA 98052-6399 United Stated
19. Credit for Website design and Publisher Contact
34 rue du Faubourg Saint-Antoine
Tel.: (+33) 0 1 55 43 79 45
20. Effective Date
November 1st, 2021